let's rewind--breakfast edition

Now it's time to catch up on my birthday plans. I had planned to do birthday breakfast, dinner, and dessert all in one day but you know how plans go. The refrigerator broke so I had to swap dinners; I managed to get breakfast and the cake in the oven before figuring out what was going on.

But the day started out great with breakfast. Let me start by saying I love omelets. If I go out to eat and get breakfast for dinner, it's usually an omelet. So when I found this recipe for Cheesy Italian Breakfast Bowl I thought, hey, this is basically one big omelet inside a bread bowl. I'm doing this. I love Italian Turkey Sausage and red bell peppers, and am willing to eat red onion as long as it's not raw, and of course you need cheese in there, so...what's not to love?

Ok, I admit, I'm actually not a big fan of sourdough bread. It has a weird aftertaste. Or during-taste. But brushing it with olive oil really helped. I would eat that as garlic bread for dinner. I couldn't find a round loaf so I had to get a square one. It still worked, though. I just had to make sure to remove enough of the bread. Speaking of which, if I'd planned better (there's that word again) I would've used that leftover bread in my stuffing. I had intended to make croutons, but again, the broken fridge determined dinner for the next few days.

But anyway, even though this recipe may seem like a lot of work, it really isn't and it was totally worth it. My brother even ate the leftovers two days later (reheated in the oven about 20 minutes, turned out fine).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...