I guess it's time for muffins

...no one ever said reluctantly. I'd been waiting for the right moment to make these Cranberry Cardamom Spice Muffins and the moment finally arrived. Don't be intimidated by the amount of cardamom. You might not even be crazy about the scent. But trust me, the flavor totally works in the muffins. Maybe the cinnamon and sugar help to mellow it out, I don't know, but it doesn't have that "edge" to it once baked.

Also, the muffins weren't as sweet as I feared. I want to taste the sweet and the tart in a cranberry muffin and I wasn't disappointed. I didn't really pick up on the orange zest but that might've just been that particular muffin.

I didn't take a picture because I was a bit sloppy with my muffin cup-filling. There was some runny baked-on batter. And I didn't do the glaze. Glaze hides all your flaws. It also gives you that extra sweetness and orange flavor you might want. I might glaze the rest of the batch that's currently frozen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...