bar none

Before I forget, there's something I need to blog about. Healthy-ish Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. I just wanted to take a stab at making cookies in bar form. Never did I think they'd go over so well. I really only thought of this recipe as perfect to use up my mini chocolate chips and a good portion of almond butter.

So like I said, this was my first time making bar cookies. I was worried they'd come out doughy and the finished product didn't exactly quell my fears. Maybe if I'd eaten one while it was still warm it would've been gooey and I would've been disappointed. But I waited, and it was fine. Definitely thoroughly baked.

The surprise was how much everyone loved them. All gave some variation of "I can't stop eating them." I think the almond butter is the secret. It elevated my bars from ordinary chocolate chip cookies to something...you just can't put your finger on it but you know you want more. I need to bake with almond butter again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...