Week 6, I got this

Well, it's almost over and I must say, it's gotten easier as the weeks go by. I should wait until my post-Lent wrap-up to cover What I've Learned, though. So last week:

  1. Monday: Still working my way through the Damn Delicious Overnight Oats. This time I had Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake. And maybe blue yogurt and berry seeds aren't the best thing to eat before going to the dentist but I wanted something light.
  2. Tuesday: I made two more pancake sandwiches. That recipe made a lot of pancakes. I can still make one more meal out of them.
  3. Wednesday: Two more Banana Oatmeal Cups (see previous link). Again, it made enough to last several weeks and they're still delicious.
  4. Thursday: Something new--Broccoli & Parmesan Cheese Omelet. And filling. I really can't eat that many eggs. Not with toast on the side. I had to share that omelet.
  5. Friday: Another new one--Crunchy Peanut Butter Bulgur with Berries. I thought I'd try it because it had all the components I love for breakfast, plus bulgur. I eat bulgur for dinner often enough, but never thought of it as a breakfast food. So it was kind of...weird. And difficult to get the peanut butter stirred in. Also it made waaaay more than I needed.
  6. Saturday: Bulgur again. I'd already planned to eat this twice but still had some leftover. Next time I may have to halve the recipe. I also took my time stirring and made sure to add the peanut butter right after my bowl came out of the microwave. That helped to get all the flavors in every bite.
One more week. I'm already almost fully stocked for the week after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...