pumpkin all day

First, I wanted to say that I picked my name five years ago from an inside joke on a website I used to frequent back then. I couldn't have known that "fyre" would still be in use by people today. But you, both regular and occasional readers, well know that when you come here you'll get more than a cheese sandwich. 😉👍

Now, on to the pumpkin.

Why pumpkin now? The question should be, why not pumpkin now? I really wanted to make these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Scones but since they didn't use that much canned pumpkin I had to find more recipes. Now I'm getting ahead of myself. If you check out that recipe you may be surprised that I would ever make a recipe that called for two different sources of chocolate. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, either. I bought semisweet chips instead of milk chocolate so I cut back on both. Even with roughly half of the cocoa powder they still came out a nice chocolatey color and had plenty of chocolate flavor. You really don't taste the pumpkin at all. Just chocolate and spices.

If you really want more pumpkin flavor it's probably in the glaze. I didn't make the glaze out of an abundance of caution. I had no idea how rich these scones might be (actually not that much).

Next, from the same website, I made the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Overnight Oatmeal. I don't know if you can tell from the recipe picture but that stuff is super-thick. Super, super thick. Usually I'm disappointed when my overnight oats turn out runny the next morning so you'd think I wouldn't have an issue with the opposite outcome. It's such a minor issue, though. I just thinned it out with more almondmilk. Also, the combination of pumpkin and almond butter? Do this. I never would've thought of it myself.

And then...I'll tell you next time. 😃

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...