pumpkin and oats

I can go for that.

Continuing my quest to use up an entire can of pumpkin, I made this Cinnamon Pumpkin Granola the other day. I had a craving for pumpkin seeds so I substituted half of the nuts with those. Now you know how much I love cinnamon, and truth in recipe names, so it's a good thing the cinnamon is listed first. If you're also a cinnamon fan, this has plenty of flavor for you. If you're not big on cinnamon, you still might like this. The addition of honey makes the cinnamon taste lighter, as opposed to a deeper cinnamon flavor that may not be for everyone.

Also, surprisingly, the honey didn't make the granola sticky and clumpy. If you prefer your granola less cluster-y and more pourable, this is the kind of granola for you, too. The only thing missing? No fruit. I'm not saying it's necessary; it just dawned on me as I was eating some a few minutes ago that there was no chewy fruit texture going on in my mouth.

Finally, of course I had to make some cookies. I started with these Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies, but then changed my mind and decided I'd rather use Craisins. I didn't know Two Peas' had a pumpkin/craisins/chocolate chip recipe too, but I still would've used the former recipe because I like my oatmeal cookies to have more oats than flour. Of course they're everything you'd expect from a pumpkin oatmeal cookie, all the pumpkin, spices, chewiness. And somehow I made exactly two and a half dozen. That never happens.

And now that my desire for pumpkin has been sated, maybe I can stay away from it 'til this Fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...