Happy Mother's Day! (pancake edition)

My mom is a late pancake convert, probably because we had so much Aunt Jemima as kids. I could see losing your taste for pancakes after that. But then, about six or seven years ago, I decided I wanted to try making buttermilk pancakes. My mom loved them so much that now she's on board with any of my pancake experiments (see Bacon Apple Pancakes, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Pumpkin Pancakes).

Which is good because today's pancakes did not involve buttermilk. A couple of weeks ago my mom happened to notice my almond butter and casually mentioned that she'd like to try it. Since I insist on eating almond butter warmed, I now had this idea in the back of my mind for Mother's Day. Enter the Almond Butter Pancakes. The batter was runnier than I expected but puffed a bit as I waited for the pan to heat. The pancakes themselves were also on the thin side but keep in mind that almond butter is filling. If you're looking to stretch these without doubling the recipe, definitely serve with additional almond butter and some berries (and now that it's berry season, that sounds perfect). But if you're just a straight-maple-syrup-all-the-way kind of person, they're still worth a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...