Happy (two days after) New Year!

I'm still working on my picture issues but I couldn't wait any longer to share What I've Been Baking Lately:

1. Sweet Potato Spice Loaf. This was supposed to be our Christmas dessert but we had more than enough cookies, so I made it a New Year's cake. I thought it would be more of a stiff, dry pound cake but darned if that sweet potato didn't up the moisture content. It also provided a subtle sweet potato flavor. Mainly the spices shine in this one. I hope you like allspice and nutmeg.

2. Apple Butter Bacon Scones. Did I mention these already? Oh, well. This was my first post-move Sunday breakfast. There's a little something for everyone: apple butter, diced apple, bacon. Every bite of bacon was like a little surprise.

3. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Cornbread. I made this for Christmas dinner, kicking off a week of way too much squash. Seriously, I don't need any more winter squash recipes for a month. It was worth the effort, though. Baking in the Crock Pot is still a novelty to me.



******
In cereal news, I haven't actually seen these yet, but I'm on the lookout for Special K Nourish Peaches & Berries, and Peanut Butter Chocolate and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shreds. Those are two separate flavors of General Mills' entry into the Fun Shredded Wheat Sweepstakes (the winner? Your taste buds 😁).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...