occasional granola review: *new* Cascadian Farm -- Strawberry Granola

You know, I originally called these entries "occasional" granola reviews because they were filler in between cereal reviews. Now, though, they're occasional because I mostly make my own granola. It's not as intimidating or time-consuming as it sounds. In fact, this is the most recent granola I made. Lasted almost three weeks.

So why did I buy this one? Two reasons: I'm a sucker for new products (and just happened to notice this while browsing the cereal aisle) and 2) you know I love the way freeze-dried strawberries make everything taste like strawberry. It wasn't until I got home to check out more information on this product before purchasing that I found out there was also dried coconut. Yessss.😍 Another one for Unofficial Coconut Month.

According to the ingredients this granola is entirely oat-based, but like a lot of them it crunches like there's puffed rice involved. I guess that's just the cane sugar crisping it up. And like I said before, there's also some intermittent coconut flakes. I suppose that's why they didn't call it "Strawberry and Coconut Granola"; it's not a substantial amount of coconut. That's also a combination I never would've thought to put together.

Until next week. 😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...