review: *new*(-ish?) Great Grains -- Coconut Almond Crunch

I honestly didn't know this cereal existed. I usually have an ear to the ground, keeping up to date on new cereal releases but this one somehow fell through the cracks. I just happened to spot it while looking for something else in the cereal aisle. And I'm on a coconut kick right now. Plus I love almonds. Also, I haven't had any flavor of Great Grains in ages. In fact, give me a second to see if I've ever reviewed any...yep, Cranberry Almond Crunch and Blueberry Morning, which is now under the Great Grains umbrella.

But on to this one. I must have been in a charitable mood last week to take such glowing notes. When I opened the bag I was pleasantly surprised to see such huge flakes (seriously, like three flakes pressed together), substantial oat clusters, and big flakes of coconut. Of course you want your cereal to look appetizing, so, point for you, Post. And then you don't want to subsequently be let down by the flavor and I was not. The oat clusters taste like coconut, while the flakes retain their own unique sweetness--a good thing, as I wouldn't want to be overwhelmed by coconut. I heartily approve of this one 👍.


********
Before I go, a quick shout out to Erin's Pumpkin French Toast. Even though it's January, is it ever a bad time for pumpkin? No, no it is not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...