what have I been baking lately?

Ooh yeah. 🎵😜

1. You know I have to have my tea and biscotti in the winter, so I thought I'd try this recipe for Coconut Biscotti. This was my first time ever using coconut flour and I love it. Can't wait to use it again. Next time I'll probably try it in a recipe where it's the only flour. We'll see how that goes. As for this recipe, I think it struck a nerve, but in a good way. Now I'm on a coconut kick. I didn't even use the optional toasted coconut (honestly, I just didn't feel like taking the time to toast it) but the coconut extract and coconut flour provided plenty of coconut-y goodness.

I dipped half of them in chocolate because, why not? But again, not necessary. The plain ones are good too. Just have a nice, flavorful hot drink accompaniment.


2. The last thing I baked was these Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I wanted some oatmeal cookies--you know I'll put oats in just about anything--and we had too many bananas in the freezer. Ta-da! Oatmeal cookies. Oh, and I had some mini chocolate chips to use up. If you love banana bread but would rather have it in cookie form, this is the recipe for you.

********
Speaking of chocolate chips, I just happened to see Hershey's S'mores baking pieces today. Chocolate chips, marshmallow bits, and graham cracker pieces. Who thought of this?👏 <---imagine that's a slow clap

Someone will be getting s'mores cookies as a gift this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...