review: Grain Berry -- honey nut toasted oats

Ok, everybody's cleared out, all the decorations have been put away, the majority of boxes have been unpacked...maybe now I can get back on schedule 👍.

Kicking off the new year with something healthier...have you ever heard of Grain Berry cereal? There's one grocery store here that sells it and I honestly never paid attention to it...until I came into possession of a coupon. You know how I am about coupons 😁. And I've heard of sorghum but didn't remember what it was exactly, or that it apparently has health benefits.

This Honey Nut flavor is their equivalent to Honey Nut Cheerios. The O's are much smaller and darker, and don't have that slick sweetener coating. The oats themselves taste more like bran than the oats you'd be expecting and have a hint of sweetness. A cereal like this is just what I need right now (raise your hand if you also overdid it with the cookies last month 😛).


*********
Speaking of Cheerios, though, if you have a craving for Banana Nut Cheerios, they're back for a limited time! Best to grab a box now.

*********
Oh, and while I'm here, a quick rundown of new cereals I've seen in stores: Chips Ahoy and Nutter Butter cereals, both flavors of Shreds, Kashi's version of Cinnamon Toast Crunch/Puffins (Cruffins?), Special K Berries and Peaches, and a new flavor of Great Grains that might've been around awhile but I didn't notice it until last week. I'll be reviewing that one next.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...