like a scone

Why do cranberries and oranges work so well together? You would think, tart on top of tart? Nah. More like, yeah, sweet-tart. If Kellogg's was smart they'd make a Raisin Bran with orange-soaked dried cranberries.

And now that I've tied this into cereal, here's these Cranberry Orange Scones. I still have holiday cranberries in the freezer and I felt like making scones, so, there you go. Why this recipe? Most importantly, I needed a cranberry scone recipe that didn't call for heavy cream. Buttermilk optional; in this case, milk was even better. I didn't want to get stuck with buttermilk, either. For maximum orange-iness, don't skip the glaze! I did skip the dusting with sugar because I didn't think both sugar toppings were necessary.

One thing I would've done differently is flatten my dough disk out a little bit more (as opposed to stopping at a 7-inch round). Some of my scones were larger than others and didn't quite get baked all the way through. That didn't stop anyone from eating them, though. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...