birthday report

Not mine, of course. You know I always do something for my mom for her birthday. This year I combined two of her favorites--a peach-blueberry combo and icing-less cake--to make a Peach and Blueberry Upside Down Cake (you can probably guess I just substituted blueberries for the raspberries). Mom ate hers with whipped cream; I ate mine unadorned. It really doesn't need anything extra--that's how good it is. 😋 I failed to take a picture because my peach placement wasn't nearly as photogenic as Erin's. Also I had waaay too many blueberries. A strong hint: if you make this cake, arrange the peach slices first, then scatter your berries.

Two other things my mom loves: gingerbread and buttermilk pancakes. She claims she wasn't ever a big fan of pancakes until I started making recipes with buttermilk. I guess she just Aunt Jemima'd us to death in our childhoods. So I found this Gingerbread Pancakes recipe that called for just the amount of buttermilk I had left in the fridge. Of course they were great. I have yet to screw up any recipe that has ginger and molasses. 😉


*******
Ok, so I'm hoping my next two entries will be cereal reviews. Unless I make something I absolutely have to share. 😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...