review: *new* Honey Bunches of Oats -- Apple Caramel Crunch

I've been holding on to this box for weeks and I finally went ahead and opened it. So let me start by saying 👏 you did it again, Honey Bunches of Oats. As much as I enjoyed the Banana Bunches last Fall, this is...well, let me find the words. This is a blog, after all 😉.

As soon as I opened the box I was hit by apples and caramel (figuratively speaking, of course). That would be a good predictor for the taste test. A momentary disappointment, however: the bag looked to be about half full. I know, contents may shift or whatever during shipping, but I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to dissipate. I was glad I managed to get this on sale for $1.99.

Ok, but back to the cereal: it smelled like a caramel apple pie, but how would it taste? The bits--well, slightly larger than bits--of freeze-dried apple have a crunch to them at first, followed by a nice chew. Not too gummy.  And the oat bunches are all caramel flavor without the stickiness. I don't really want to tangle with a candy bar at breakfast. I want my cereal to be recognizably cereal, so that's another plus.

Finally, I sampled this on top of some raisin bran I needed to finish, and the overall effect was of eating a bowl of apple strudel. I can't say enough about this Apple Caramel Crunch. Maybe just 😍😋👍. I hope this bodes well for the Maple Bacon Donut and Chicken and Waffles coming out next month...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...