review: *limited edition* Honey Bunches of Oats -- Maple Bacon Donuts

I didn't think I was going to be able to try this. It was supposed to come out last month for National Cereal Day and I never saw it anywhere so I figured it was just going to be a "big city" release. But then a few days ago I happened to be walking down the main aisle of Walmart's grocery section and what do I see at the end of the cereal aisle. Dude, no way.😲  Both flavors, this one and Chicken and Waffles. So if you also couldn't find it, now's your chance.

So I wasn't sure how I would feel about savory flavors in my cereal, but it helps that there's no actual meat involved. Picture crumbling bacon over your Maple Cheerios. I...cannot. First glance at the cereal: there's the typical corn flakes and some fat, puffy O's. Where's the oat bunches? I must not have poured any in my small sample. I tasted a flake first and got a hint of maple. Ok, going in for the "donuts." I don't know how they did it (chemistry!) but yes, that's definitely maple and bacon. I'm not sure of the grains involved, definitely corn--I know my way around a puffed corn cereal--but it may actually be a corn/wheat combination.

It's not bad, but I'm pretty sure I can't do the Chicken and Waffles. I have to draw the line somewhere. 😜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...