review: *new* Fiber One -- Strawberries and Vanilla Clusters

I was starting to think Fiber One had given up on introducing any more cereals--it seems like they've really been focused on the snack bar lineup for the last few years. And then suddenly, hey, we've figured out a new combination of flavors to tempt you. Strawberries and vanilla? Ok, I'm tempted.

Sniff test first--there's a faint strawberry scent. Also: why do the vanilla clusters look pink? After pouring, I can see that everything has a faint dusting of pink. That's par for the course with freeze-dried strawberries. Speaking of which, you know I'm not the biggest fan of those berries (that's why I still haven't tried Special K Red Berries), but I wanted to see how it meshed with the other elements.

I tasted a cluster first. Would it have a hint of strawberry? Nope, just vanilla. Good. I wanted to taste both along with the oat flakes. There's other bran ingredients but these flakes are primarily made from steel-cut oats, which explains the thickness/sturdiness of said flakes. They don't get soggy/lost under the weight of the clusters and berries. Overall, it's a good combination. 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...