review: Oatmeal Squares -- golden maple

...and I think this is the last Oatmeal Squares flavor I need to cover. Smell test first: I opened the bag and breathed in the aroma. Yep, smells like a bottle of maple syrup (the real stuff). Surprisingly, though, maple syrup is not one of the ingredients. I guess that explains why it's called "golden maple flavor." I'm also curious as to the "golden" part of the name. That's not a word I usually associate with maple.

And for the taste: like the others, it's very subtle and mild. It doesn't overwhelm when I mix it with other cereals. The only teensy complaint I have is that the box color should be differentiated a bit more from the new Honey Nut box design. It's hard enough to find this flavor as it is without accidentally picking up the wrong box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...