a new strawberry find

As you know, I had a bunch of strawberries left over from the Mother's Day cake (see previous entry). Then I remembered a recipe I'd come across a while ago for a peanut butter/fruit spread/strawberry sandwich. Unfortunately I can't remember where so as soon as I go through my recipes I'll have to come back and update that little detail.

The crux of it was, though, a way to make a healthier pbj, replacing the jelly with strawberry fruit spread and fresh strawberries. I had just enough Polaner left to barely cover my bread, so I tried to make it up with strawberries for the flavor. It was delicious. I know I use that word a lot, but seriously. I know you can put peanut butter with apples or bananas but strawberries? I never would've thought of that.

I ate a lot of strawberries this week.

And speaking of peanut butter, have you heard about the new Pop Tarts flavors? That's supposed to appeal specifically to adults? Why not kids? Who doesn't like peanut butter (unless you're allergic, of course)? And why not a peanut butter and jelly Pop Tart? Unless that already exists. I don't know, I don't actually eat Pop Tarts. Not since college.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...