review: *new* Honey Bunches of Oats -- Greek Honey Crunch

This wasn't what I thought I'd be reviewing next but here we are. It also wasn't what I expected, either. It's not your typical Honey Bunches of Oats. There's two different yogurt/oat clusters, one with regular yogurt and one with Greek yogurt--I guess to keep the price down? I couldn't tell the difference in taste so maybe the size is where they differ. It really doesn't matter unless you wanted more Greek yogurt in your cereal. In that case, you could pour any Honey Bunches of Oats over actual Greek yogurt.

I was pleasantly surprised by the multigrain flake, though. It has a nice size and texture, similar to multigrain Special K. All of the components work well together with regard to size but I felt it was lacking in flavor. A "touch of honey" was barely a drop to me. I will require a second eating to deliver a firm verdict on this one. In the meantime, it certainly holds up well for mixing. I had it with Honey Nut Cheerios and sliced banana for a nice variety of textures. If they could figure how to combine Greek Honey Crunch with the blueberry flavor of Fruit Blends, I would be all over that one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...