pie for breakfast...?

...shouldn't even be a question. I'm always surprised when someone asks this question. Aside from the fact that you shouldn't skip breakfast--eat something--you also shouldn't feel guilty or irrational for that breakfast being wholly or partially pie. I do it whenever I make a pie, mostly because I don't want a full serving slice of pie several days in a row. I made an apple pie for Memorial Day guests (the same one from last Mother's Day) as a spur-of-the-moment decision and it didn't quite get eaten as much as I thought it would, so, yeah, I'll be eating some for breakfast tomorrow.

To sum up: Fruit, pastry, cold, warm, whatever. It's on.

Also, I think since I've got this recipe down pat, it's time to try making my own pie crust again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...