dinnerpology?

I know I've been out pretty much all week but it's been a crazy stressful couple of days and with no new cereals for a bit longer my only backup entry was a (breakfast) rant that I couldn't bring myself to get worked up about. I didn't need the additional stress, you know? I just wasn't feeling it. But I'm here now and I don't think I've mentioned this recipe yet.

Pineapple Sweet and Sour Chicken. I believe it was originally a Dole recipe that's not on their website but as you can see from the link, other people have put it online. I probably only make this once a year. It's a good change-of-pace meal and I can always find a use for the leftover mushrooms. The sauce is actually sweet and sour mixed with soy sauce and pineapple juice, so make sure you start with a sweet and sour sauce you already like. I use La Choy because the little bottle size is exactly 1 cup. You can change up the rice, too, or even try a different vegetable. I think any kind of stir-fryish meal is the only kind where I really feel comfortable experimenting.

******
Early Happy Mother's Day! Of course I'm baking a cake tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...