pasta quest

Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a tomato-sauced pasta dish. No beef, no meatballs. So I don't know how I hit on the idea of chicken sausage but I did, and here's what I found: Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli. Pasta? Check. Poultry? Check. Vegetable? Check. And not much of a sauce except the water you cook the broccoli in. And once you stir in the Parmesan that gets all melty, too. It totally works. It's light but filling. I didn't even have rigatoni (subbed rotini) and it was fine.

The only thing I would do is add more broccoli. Just get a slightly bigger head next time. Oh, and I used apple chicken sausage. If you don't like so sweet a flavor, go with the roasted garlic flavor instead.

*******
You're probably wondering when I'm going to get around to reviewing cereal again. The answer: Thursday. Unless I don't sit down to write it until Friday. Either way, yay you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...