great for grilling

...this past week's heat wave, that is. That's about the only thing it was good for. So we made these Teriyaki Pineapple Turkey Burgers, which we hadn't had in two summers. You may have come across these; Dole advertises them every year and they're right on the front page of the website. When it comes to grilling turkey burgers you have to be careful not to overcook them because they will dry out fast. It does help to have melty cheese and a juicy pineapple ring, though. And even though the recipe doesn't call for it, I always put a little mayo on my bun. I don't like dry bread. Oh, and I cut the recipe in half (seriously; what do I need with eight turkey burgers?) but I think we could've used more teriyaki sauce for basting purposes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...