and on the side...

So I came across this recipe by accident while searching for another one and I thought, "Why haven't I made this before?" Spinach Orzo. There was chicken in the picture, and we were going to be grilling chicken anyway, so I put two and two together. Last year's goal of trying one new recipe a week seems to have fallen by the wayside but it wouldn't hurt to try more than one a month. Sheesh.

But on to the finished product. I cut the recipe in half since I didn't need eight servings. That wasn't an issue. And prep was pretty simple, too. Slice up some fresh spinach, shred some carrots. The only thing, as usual, was not salting and peppering to everyone's tastes. Which is why one should just put salt and pepper on the table and not be insulted. It's just not something we ever did in my family growing up, so I never think of it.

But yeah, try this. It was a nice change of pace of us and we needed to eat that orzo, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...