Are you competing for cutest soup?

Because you would probably win, Chicken Noodle Soup. I know that's probably not the first adjective that would come to mind for most people but I just couldn't help thinking, that's so adorable, as the chicken stewed in the Crock Pot. It was like the chicken was having a nice, relaxing soak and then I got to eat the delicious bathwater.

Some notes on the actual recipe, though: I tried to make this while following both the recipe and the Crock Pot's manual. First off, a 3.5 lb chicken fit perfectly on top of the carrots and celery, and the eight cups of water was just enough (it makes plenty of soup). I went with the high setting on the Crock Pot because I had no idea how long it would take to actually cook a whole chicken (answer: 5 hrs. on high). This worked out perfectly because I precooked the egg noodles--as per the manual--for about three minutes and then there was almost exactly twenty minutes to go on my Crock Pot's 6 hr. setting. Then I added the shredded chicken back in, the pot switched over to warm, and the soup was ready when I was ready to eat.

Oh, and a note on skimming the fat, which I needed help with: it's all those greasy bubbles floating on top of the soup. I'd say it amounted to maybe 2/3 of a cup of liquid? Everything else was good, clear soup. And delicious! It almost smelled like Thanksgiving under the lid. I blame the thyme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...