cookie catch-up

Here I was, all ready to blog about my new (successful!) Thanksgiving recipes, when I remembered I had to share this first (I like to do things in order).

After I used one-and-a-half cups of canned pumpkin for the waffles I had just enough left to make Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips. They are thick and hearty and I honestly thought they were good enough to come from a real bakery. I don't usually compliment my baking like that, so it must be the recipe. I followed it exactly, even though my cookies tend to burn on the lower oven rack. Oh, wait, I take that back--I didn't feel like buying currants for just that small amount, so I substituted raisins. But anyway, these cookies are amazing. Maybe it's the pumpkin pie spice, maybe it's the molasses (you can't go wrong with pumpkin and molasses), I can't say for sure. All I can say is you need to try these cookies, possibly more than any other cookie I've shared here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...