delving into the snack world

I know it seems like I've been saying this a lot lately but here's another recipe I've been dying to try: granola bars. I swear my print version calls them Chewy Granola Bars but the website says Cinnamon Granola Bars, which makes sense since the article was about cinnamon. Anyway, they are chewy granola bars. I'd never used wheat germ in my life; back in the early '90s my dad went on a wheat germ kick, so I always thought of it as weird health food. It actually helps with the composition of the bars; otherwise, I'm not sure if an all-oat chunk could really be called a bar. I especially liked that it only made twelve bars--what would I possibly do with more than that? As it was, I took half to class and everybody raved. Next time I make them--there will definitely be a next time--I'll be sure to try adding dried fruit bits. All I had this time was a bag of dried apricots, not that there was anything bad about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...