land of shrimp

Sometimes I forget that the best way to use up a product is to find recipes at that particular website. In this case, it was teriyaki Saute Express, and the recipe: Teriyaki Shrimp Lo Mein. It seems like I make these Asian-inspired dishes frequently enough, so I try to vary the proteins. And we do like shrimp, but I don't want to shrimp us to death, either...at any rate, it was a good week to try this recipe.

I seriously thought about omitting one of the teriyaki squares in case the flavor was too intense but I ended up leaving it alone. If you wanted to, I would suggest cutting out the one mixed with the noodles. I also didn't use the green bell pepper and the red pepper was more than enough. Somehow the cilantro got thrown away before serving; I think you need it to really finish the dish.

Overall, good flavor, didn't upset my stomach--next time I'll be sure to keep the cilantro close by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...