nearly-instant burgers

(Well, as instant as I get, anyway. I need my ideas to marinate a little bit.)

Do you ever read a recipe in a magazine and think, I need to make this now? My "now" took a week but it resulted in these Island Burgers from Good Housekeeping last month. I have a go-to turkey burger recipe but I'm open to trying others. The only thing I wasn't too sure about was the jerk seasoning, so I cut it back by half a teaspoon and it still had plenty of flavor. It was almost like eating a taco in a burger with the heat and spice in the meat cooled by the mixture of Greek yogurt and mango. And the leftovers for some reason didn't taste as spicy.

I also hadn't had an English muffins in ages. My child memory has them feeling dry and having a weird aftertaste so I never really had any desire to eat them as an adult--except for the occasional Egg McMuffin, but I haven't had one of those in years, either. The multigrain ones from Thomas' that I used for this recipe were surprisingly soft--even after I toasted them--and didn't taste...off, so I think I may be open to trying some other ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...