take the tabbou-lead

I liked this recipe so much I felt punny when I took post-dinner notes. It's Tabbouleh with Green Beans and Feta. Tabbouleh is one of those dishes I've been meaning to try forever but chickened out for whatever reason. But now that I have bulgur in the house I need to use it, so why not try a tabbouleh with ingredients I know and love (green beans and feta)? The only thing I didn't have was a steamer basket, so I just boiled the green beans for six minutes--they probably weren't as crisp as they would've been otherwise but they weren't mushy, either. The dressing gives it a sweet-tart flavor and really balances the feta. This would be a great alternative to pasta salad during grilling season (and the leftovers hold up well, too)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...