occasional granola review: Nature Valley Protein Granola -- cranberry almond

I had to admit I didn't expect to like Nature Valley's granola; I also didn't expect to like it enough to try another flavor, but when you put dried cranberries and almonds together...well, that combination's almost unfair. It's pretty much daring me not to try.

I ate the first cluster right out of the bag; it wasn't quite as sweet as I remembered the other flavor being, but sometimes underwhelming works with certain components. The rest I tasted with yogurt and I noticed the cranberries and almonds were actually in the clusters. Usually those kind of add-ins are just mixed in the bag but Nature Valley consists of big granola clusters (except whatever breaks up in the bottom of the bag, of course) so it makes sense for all the ingredients to be bunched together that way.

It's not my favorite flavor but I welcome the opportunity to add variety to my granola lineup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...