it's not too late for pumpkin...

...or so I told myself when I decided to make pumpkin oatmeal this week. I've had instant Pumpkin Spice oatmeal before but I've never made it myself. I'd also been meaning to try different flavors/toppings in my oatmeal for a while now but never got around to it. So everything came together today.

The recipe I followed was for Pumpkin Cheesecake Oatmeal but of course, I couldn't do the Cheesecake part (it sounds delicious, though). I can eat an actual baked cheesecake--as long as I don't overdo it--but I can't eat cream cheese straight from the tub. I also can't do graham crackers anymore, either. I don't know what that's about.

I ended up not following the rest of the recipe exactly, either. I thought two teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice sounded a bit much for one bowl of oatmeal, so I just sprinkled what I wanted--probably closer to one tsp. Then I needed to add more brown sugar to counter all those heavy spices. The amount of pumpkin was perfect, though. So I would suggest just seasoning to taste to begin with.

I will definitely try this again. It's nice to have a break from the typical raisin/Craisins stir-ins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...