is there anything you can't roast?

Actually, the answer to that is yes, but my point is that the other day I roasted garlic for the first time. You know, cut the top off, drizzle the rest with olive oil, wrap it in foil and roast for an hour. I've been wanting to try this for some time but was afraid. I know it sounds silly but I had no idea if I'd like the flavor. And this coming from a person who loves garlic! But then I found this recipe for Roasted Garlic Turkey Burgers and decided to stop being silly.

I thought from the ingredients list that these might taste like a classic beef burger but, no, they still have a flavor all their own. The roasted garlic somehow permeates all of the meat--there is no bite without it. But also, there's no bite, meaning it's a mild (but flavorful!) garlic flavor. I also had mine with lettuce and tomato like in the picture and, I'll admit, a little mayo to make sure it wasn't a dry burger. Next time I'll probably try a different bun, though; ciabatta buns are super filling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...