occasional granola review: Nature Valley Protein Granola -- peanut butter

Yep, I finally opened it. (Oh, by the way, I'm back early.) I had yogurt and this granola the morning I left, so I debated waiting to review it until I had it a second time, but I just couldn't hold out. Not that I'm overly excited or anything, I just wanted to do this now.

I'd been wanting to try this since it came out earlier this year but I wasn't sure if it had actual peanuts in it--which is not an option for me. Eventually I checked out the ingredients list; it was a go. So it's basically the same peanut butter flavor as the bars, just not as crunchy. It's kind of hard to describe this granola on the spectrum of baked/roasted oat mixture. It's not super light and crispy, but it's not bordering on burnt, either. It's actually pretty good, even with fruit and yogurt added into the equation.

*****
There's other new granolas out, too. Kellogg's has a bagged one but I'm not sure yet if it's an old product repackaged. Did they have a granola before (not counting the Special K one)? And those Kashi ones are a chocolate/coconut and chia/raisin option. I grabbed the latter; that'll be the next to try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...