oat ahead of myself

Well you know when people come to visit I like to bake a little gift for them. My kind of hospitality. (Plus I get to eat some.) Unfortunately it seems this particular visit has fallen through. Good thing I like oatmeal cookies! I cut this recipe for Oatmeal Blues Drop Cookies out of my local paper sometime last year during the holiday season. I've had raisins and I've tried dried apricots but this was the first time I'd ever put dried blueberries in an oatmeal cookie.

The first thing I tasted, actually, was the lemon zest--but in a good way, not a pucker-up-tart way (which is also not a bad way but not good for cookies). Lemon zest and blueberries just pair so well together. After that comes the hint of nutmeg and the sugar topping, which is just sweet enough.

My only issue was trying to put drop cookies in the sugar/salt mixture. It's not as easy as rolled balls of dough. However, it's still a necessary step for the full effect of the cookie.

(Oh, and of course I froze some for my sister when she gets around to stopping by.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...