very good muffins.

It was bitterly cold and windy here yesterday (actually, it's still cold); thankfully we didn't lose power so I was able to make these Chunky Dried Apple and Cranberry Muffins. (They're on the back of the Market Pantry Dried Apples bag but not on Target's website!) You may remember that I bought the dried apples for Pumpkin Apple Oatmeal; I don't think I noticed this other recipe at the time. But at some point I did, of course; it was simply a matter of waiting for the right Sunday to make them. So last week the request came down for cranberry muffins and I thought, I have just the recipe.

Let me say, they get big. Really big. I'm assuming that's due to all the baking powder but it's not an unwieldy muffin; in fact, they're actually pretty light when you pull them apart. Nobody wants a dense muffin, right? You're not eating pound cake for breakfast.

My one concern was the consistency of the dried apples. Would they be too dry? Too chewy? Luckily the answer was neither. You just need to chop them small enough, which is the most time-consuming part of the process.

I will make these again. I guess I need a permanent copy of the recipe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...