beans and franks upgrade

"Hey, make something with that," my mother (basically) said as we walked past the meat case. The "that" in question was Hillshire Farm turkey polska kielbasa. We did not know such a thing existed. We're not big sausage eaters. But I went to the source, the Hillshire Farm recipe page, to find something to do with kielbasa. I settled on the Baked Sausage with Lentils and Vegetables because I knew I had nearly a cup of lentils sitting on the shelf and no other particular use for them. And even though it took a hour and a half to cook (and I nearly screwed up the lentils--just boiling lentils) it's mostly hands-off time, so you can go and do something else while you're waiting for dinner.

Turkey kielbasa, it turns out, tastes almost just like regular kielbasa. The texture is a little bit different but hardly noticeable. And this dish is very filling. Not too tomatoey but just enough. There must be a lot of spices in the meat because it tastes like more than just the salt and pepper called for in the recipe. Also, try to get a little bit of everything in every bite for the full effect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...