my maple fix for the month

Last week's yogurt was Sauteed Cinnamon Apples with Maple Yogurt. (I don't know to whom this should actually be attributed, but there's the recipe anyway.) You may recall that I'm allergic to raw apples, but even a little bit of cooking makes them tolerable. I guess they aren't really cooked in packaged yogurts--I haven't found one yet that didn't make my throat fuzzy.

So that was the main reason for trying this recipe. Just glancing at the ingredients made me think the finished product would be more like canned apple pie filling but, refreshingly, simple chopped apples with cinnamon and nutmeg are, well...just that. Simple. And just the right combination of flavors to blend with maple yogurt. I really like how I'm getting more fruit this way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...