you scone-ly live once

I'd never made scones before because some people in this family insisted they didn't like them--so what would I have done with all those scones? But I'd also had this recipe for Maple-Oatmeal Scones forever (well, five years felt like forever) and even after my cousin told me I should go ahead and make the scones anyway I still waited another year to take that advice. Whoever didn't like it could eat toast...

...and also crow but I'm not one to rub it in. Most of the time. Of course they loved the scones. Anything loaded with butter and maple, how could you not? I cut this recipe in half (because a pound of butter? Seriously?) and still managed to make ten scones. It's not unlike making biscuits but easier. There's no kneading, just roll and cut. The baked texture is kind of funny, dense but flaky. Like shortbread but not as dry and crumbly. You'll want to eat two but you shouldn't (trust me on this. Not my personal experience, but close enough); like I said, the butter. And then for good measure I avoided butter for the rest of the day. This is definitely a special occasion breakfast. The next scone recipe I try will be one made with yogurt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...