it'll be a hot day in June...

...before I try overnight oatmeal. Which is exactly what happened. It's officially summer and I just can't deal with hot oatmeal this time of year. I've heard of so-called "overnight oatmeal" in the last year or so but it sounded gross and weird to me.

So what changed my mind? I found this recipe from Eating Well for Raspberry Overnight Muesli: vanilla yogurt, rolled oats, fresh raspberries, almonds. I have all of those things. Okay, I'll try it.

And it was actually pretty good. It's not quite like eating cold oatmeal--the visual idea of which totally turned me off--but more like eating yogurt with really soggy granola. This is why the raspberries balanced that out texture-wise for me. I can't imagine substituting blueberries; my mind and tongue just can't handle it. And the crunch of the toasted almonds also helps. I'd actually eat this again. Now I'll have to go back through my recipes and see if I clipped/printed any overnight oatmeal recipes. I may have to try them all...with toasted almonds on top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...