ending May on a banana note

Now that I've introduced my family to the wonderful world of scones it was time I tried another flavor.  It just so happened that I had a banana in the freezer so Banana Yogurt Scones it was. As it turned out I actually had a little bit too much banana, so that may have affected the final texture.

It wasn't bad, just a bit of a sticky middle layer. I went ahead and separated the scones and then put them back in the oven for three more minutes (any more and they would've been too brown on the bottom). I also don't have a food processor so I made these by hand. It didn't take too much time. Like most of my Sunday morning recipe forays I'd say roughly thirty minutes, start to oven. I also forgot to sprinkle the turbinado sugar on top but honestly, we didn't miss it.

********
One more thing: I tried Eggland's Best eggs for the first time (that I can remember) yesterday and boy, did they make a fluffy omelet. (And no, I am not being compensated to say that!)

*******
Okay, one more little thing: I just want to thank my readers--occasional, random, whoever--for their patience this past month. I realized I've been stressed out over a novel I'm trying to finish (writing, I mean) and I just wanted some comfort cereal in May. But now that it's June, onward to new cereals and new who-knows-what. Also, my brother's working from home this summer so the cereal turnover rate should be faster than usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...