nothing says muffins...

...like homemade peach muffins. This was a "get rid of stuff in the fridge" morning: I wanted to finish off a bag of frozen peaches and I also had a little bit of whole wheat pastry flour left. Oh, and just enough brown sugar. But the peaches were the point, so I decided to try this Praline and Peach Muffins recipe from Betty Crocker. It may not have the greatest rating but they were wolfed down in my house, and that's what important, right? No need to waste perfectly good muffins.

I ended up not using all of my frozen peaches--I thought I had too much--but it turned out that I should have because I ended up with the muffin that had one peach chunk in it. But now I can speak to the muffin itself: sweet, but not too sweet; not dense or chewy; really, a good muffin base for whatever you might want to throw in there. The idea is to showcase the peaches, not have an overwhelmingly cinnamon streusel-type muffin with some peach chunks tossed in as an afterthought.

I'm going to wait 'til August though for the good local peaches before I attempt any more peach baked goods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...