something fish-y

I know I've been cutting back on the dinner entries but this fish was so surprisingly good I couldn't not share it: Browned Butter Flounder with Lemon Sugar Snap Peas. I've never made browned butter before--out of fear of scorching it--so I've held back on trying any recipe with it. And yes, I may have over-browned it a hair but it still tasted fine. And I messed up the mint step by adding it to the butter sauce but it worked with the thyme. We just poured (or drizzled, technically) it all over the fish and the peas and got the herb flavors, the butter, and the lemon in every bite.

*******
In other delicious flavor news, I finally got my hands on a pack of Thomas' Limited Edition Cinnamon Vanilla English muffins. Soooo much cinnamon. Even more than in the cinnamon raisin variety. They make your kitchen/toaster smell fantastic, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...