Desserts: Thanksgiving edition

Well, December suddenly snuck up, didn't it? I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. It felt like I was baking or cooking something from Sunday-Sunday. Seriously, I didn't catch up on my sleep until Sunday morning. On Wednesday of that busy week I made my desserts: Pumpkin Streusel Bars and Maple-Ginger Apple Pie. I decided on Sally's pumpkin bars because I haven't had anything resembling cheesecake in ages--you never know with my issues--and these were a combination of cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Also, since you cut them into bars it's easier to not overeat. And indeed those two factors kept me from having an upset stomach. And of course everyone loved them. My sister said she could've used more streusel but that's probably on me. It was the end of the day and there were so many steps; I just wanted to sprinkle it and go.

Actually both of these desserts could've benefited from my focusing on one per day--I just didn't have that extra day. As it was, I made my pie crust the night before. That also happened to be the highlight of the pie. I don't think I've ever heard people rave about crust. So that was new. The pie itself wasn't terrible--it just didn't stand out. Maybe it could've used more ginger? The important thing was that for once it didn't have a soggy bottom. I had an intact pie and it was devoured.

So now I'm thinking cake for Christmas. And cookies of course. Oh, the cookies you'll eat...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...