winter fruit(s) cake

I've been baking a lot this month. Or cooking, or wrapping or...well, it's done for this holiday season. I always think I can cram in one more thing--but that's a recipe to be shared later. Today we get to the dessert I made on Christmas Eve: Cran-Apple Upside Down Cake. My sister actually requested this last winter but I couldn't exactly ship it to her so it had to wait until a more opportune time. I was also surprised that my brother ate this cake. He's not the world's biggest cranberry fan so I expected him to eat pumpkin pie instead. Maybe his adult palate has changed, I don't know. The cake was gone by Sunday, so I guess that's a thumbs-up from everybody.

Two things I want to point out that I liked about this cake: the brown sugar topping wasn't too rich, I guess because there wasn't any butter involved in that step; and there's cranberries in the cake as well as the upside-down fruit part. So if you really like cranberries, this is a relatively easy (and delicious) little cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...