two-for-one hot cereal review

With the new year approaching it's time to start cleaning. While going through my notebook I found a review from last month I forgot to type up:

Cream of Wheat Instant to-go is microwavable Cream of Wheat in a cup. I've never microwaved Cream of Wheat before. How would this go? Also the nuts. Do nuts belong in Cream of Wheat? Well, they weren't terrible. Not necessary, but not terrible. And I already put strawberries in my Cream of Wheat so I assumed I would like the Mixed Berry with Almonds flavor. And I added some extra strawberries anyway because I wasn't sure how filling it would be.

It turned out that the portion size is actually perfect and the nuts are so tiny you barely notice them. You can't remove them, either, so if nuts aren't your thing this isn't the product for you. I followed the heating instructions exactly--any longer and the cup would have boiled over. Also, there's no lid except the one you peel off, so if you need to-go somewhere take your cup and heat it there.

*****
Second review is actually a recipe: Chai Spice and Pear Oatmeal. Again with the texture questions: can I tolerate pears in oatmeal? I already know I can't handle blueberries or bananas. But pears are a go! So it's a little extra work to saute the pears and measure out the spices but it's definitely worth it. I didn't even add sugar; I figured the honey in the pears would have to do. I did add extra cinnamon, though. You know how I love cinnamon.

*****
Looking forward to new culinary adventures in 2016. Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...