birthday weekend

Not mine, of course, but I try to do something nice for my mom. First, for dessert I made this Applelicious Sheet Cake from Better Homes & Gardens. It sounds like a lot of apples but it tastes like a normal amount of apples. My mother especially liked the addition of apple butter which makes anything taste like gingerbread to her. I skipped the icing step since she doesn't like a lot of sweetness but I did sprinkle some cinnamon on top. It is sooo tempting to eat more than you should--it is a bunch of apples, after all--but try to save some for future noshings.

Speaking of gingerbread, since I knew my mom had been talking about it for months I made these gingerbread pancakes for breakfast the next day. The base recipe is the same as the apple cinnamon pancakes I made last fall but with the addition of pumpkin pie spice, ginger and molasses. I liked this variation even more than the first. Eventually I'll get around to trying all of them.



(Please forgive my wonky computer. It's freezing up far too often and will be replaced soon.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...