do you know what today is?

It's my blogiversary! The real one, I mean. Usually I celebrate on the 28th but I actually started this blog four years ago today. Why? Because I love cereal and didn't want to be ashamed of it anymore. Of course, I've also stretched the parameters to include baking and cooking other meals but this will always be first and foremost a cereal blog.

And with that I get to today's entry which is not about cereal. Heh. But I made these Healthy Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars over the weekend because I wanted something that wasn't a cookie. Let me just say first of all: I forgot the vanilla extract. I got distracted by a skin break on my finger and had to cover it up right away--nobody wants blood in their dessert--and when I went back to the recipe I skipped right over the vanilla step. I didn't realize this until the bars were in the oven and I was cleaning up.

That said, they're still full of peanut butter-y goodness. And chocolate chips. I probably should've made the chocolate drizzle to add more flavor but I just wasn't in the mood. And they're getting eaten anyway. That's what's important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...