review: Quaker Real Medleys oatmeal -- peach almond

I purposely bought this to eat while traveling--not too heavy, not too messy. But I was rushing that morning and didn't give it a second stir--that was a key step. As a result the flavor was a bit "off" at first; I had a few peaches but mostly oatmeal and I couldn't put my finger on any particular flavor. By the time I was closer to the bottom I realized, oh, that's where all the flavor is. So don't forget to stir right before you eat.

I made this, put it in a paper bag and shoved the whole thing down in a cupholder until we were settled and on the highway--no more turns and fewer traffic lights (and no, I was not the driver). In that time, five to ten minutes, that oatmeal cup stayed hot. So hot I still had to blow on it. That was impressive.

But now I really hope we're back to warm weather soon. I'm ready to put the oatmeal away for the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...